Jyotish is a sanskrit term which literally means Light. It is the study of the Sun, Moon, Stars and Planets and the effect they have on human life. A map of the heavens drawn up at the time of birth indicates the potential we have in areas of life such as career, relationships, health and finances.
It is the aim of Jyotish to try and determine the 'unseen' influence of the past in the present and from this to predict possible outcomes and to put in place more productive strategies. The idea being to ensure that one has a more harmonious relationship with the present in all spheres of life.
People consult astrologers for many reasons, typically it can be around a specific issue in career, relationship and health for example, or it may be that they feel a lack of clarity ,purpose or meaning in the direction they are taking in this life. Whatever the reason it is my intention in every reading to do my best for the person I am working with.
A lot of my work in Jyotish is using it as a counselling tool(Dip couns 2003) to help people find their own unique path that will enable them to flow more harmoniously through life. My experience of studying and praticising Yoga for over 25 years and more recently Ayurveda( Diet and Lifestyle) informs the way I work with people in terms of insights, practical advice and suggestions that I may make.
Indian v Western Astrology
There are differences between Indian and Western Astrology, some of the main ones are:
- Whereas in Western Astrology a lot of importance is attached to the Sun sign in describing your nature, in Indian Astrology we look at the Ascendant, the constellation that was 'being born' over the eastern horizon at your time of birth.
- The position of the Moon at your birth is seen as important in assessing the quality of a person's life. How they interact with their environment and the people within it, and the level of satisfaction they will derive from that interaction.
- It is a Soli-Lunar system. Not only is there a solar zodiac with 12 constellations but there is also a lunar zodiac with 27 mansions, or houses that the moon moves through each month.
- It is a predictive system that is based on the position of the Moon at birth.
If you are interested in a consultation then I would need;
- your date of birth
- your place of birth
- your time of birth- as accurately as possible, check birth certificate and/or ask relatives if you can.
I currently charge £95 for a consultation of 90 minutes.
Repeat consultations are £65 for an hour.
Consultations can be done face to face or over the phone, Zoom or Skype
Due to spam problems with form below sometimes going to junk mail, if you do not get a reply within 24 hours you can also contact Mike here, or check your junk mail. Thank you.